NAVIGATE 2018 PROGRAM
Updates are possible.
Seminar: Recent development in Arctic shipping
Keynote: Jan Meyer, CEO, Meyer Turku Oy
- Tapani Lankinen, Head of human resources, Meyer Turku Oy
- Rolls Royce
- Elina Vähäheikkilä, Finnish Marine Industries
Foro Maritimo Vasco
Refreshments and networking after presentation. Stand B22
- AEC’s role in developing sustainable Arctic shipping business. Mikko Niini, chairman of the board, Arctic Economic Council Maritime Transportation Working Group
- Arctic Shipping Developments and Prospects in Canadian Arctic. Tim Keane, Senior Manager, Arctic Operations and Projects, Fednav.
- SEDNA – Safe maritime operations under extreme conditions: the Arctic case. Martin Bergström, postdoctoral researcher, Aalto University
- The Polar Code crew training as an international challenge – the Aboa Mare solution. Ahti Hyppönen, Aboa Mare
- New Finnish technologies for the growth needs in the Arctic. Petri Tolonen, Director Sales & Marketing, Aker Arctic
Camille Bonnet, Dassault Systèmes
- 12. 30 Future challenges and possibilities of Finnish Cruise Ship Building. Jan Meyer, CEO, Meyer Turku Oy
- 13.00 The cruise sector seen from DNVGL. Helge Hermundsgård M.Sc, Business Development Manager, Business Development Projects, DNV GL – Maritime
- 13.20 RCCL
- 13.40 New network-based approach in shipbuilding. Jyrki Heinimaa, CEO, RMC
- 14.00 Sustainable ships from Finland. Patrik Rautaheimo, Chairman of Finnish Marine industries, CEO of Elomatic
Nina Rantalaiho-Kulo, Senior lecturer and Suvi Kivelä, project manager, Turku University of Applied Sciences
Moderator: Martti Kirkko-Jaakkola, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute.
- Opportunities of utilizing satellites in navigation and observation of the marine environment. Jyri Heilimo, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Arctic navigation, Intelligent sea route. Stefan Engström, Finnish Transport Agency
- Ice status information, route optimization and challenges in Arctic navigation. Ville Lehtola, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
- Developing Arctic Maritime Safety Cooperation. Tomi Kivenjuuri, Finnish Border Guard
- Opening: The Global Energy Transition. Matti Rautkivi, Director Sales & Marketing, Wärtsilä
- LNG future fuel today. Gunnar Helmen, Sales manager Marine, Skangas
- Energy Outlook 2050. David Wendel, Key Account Manager, Business Development, DNV GL
- Alternative power sources in sea transportation. Jussi Mälkiä, Chairman of the Board, Meriaura
- Renewable Energy Sources and Power Generation: Opportunities and challenges for the Maritime Industry. Jörg Polzer, Managing Partner at JPSC Strategy Consulting & Advisory
- Future of shipping – towards clean maritime industry. Johanna Fräki, Innovation Director, Wärtsilä.
Tapio Karvonen, Senior Researcher, Centre for Maritime Studies, University of Turku, Teijo Lehtonen, Senior Research Fellow, Department of Future Technologies, University of Turku, Tapio Salakoski, Professor, Department of Future Technologies, University of Turku. Moderator: Ellinoora Havaste, University of Turku.
A networking event is arranged for exhibitors and expo visitors in Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova (Itäinen Rantakatu 4-6, 20100 Turku) on 16th of May 19.30.
- Opening speech: Olavi Ala-Nissilä, Member of the Court of auditors at European Union, Transport Agency
- Granting a logistics award. Petri Hällfors & Tero Siitonen, LOGY, Chamber of Commerce
- AI ship is coming soon. Karno Tenovuo, Senior Vice President Ship Intelligence, Rolls Royce
- Test site for autonomous ships in Eurajoki. Harri Kulmala, CEO, DIMECC Oy
- Robot car technologies and challenges. Jukka Laitinen, Research Team Leader, VTT
- Digitalization boosts performance in marine production systems. Ari Viitanen, Chairman of the board, Carinafour
- Facility of digitalization. Jörgen Strandberg, General Manager ANC Advanced Technology, Wärtsilä SAM Electronics GmbH
Roni Jukakoski, MacGregor Finland Oy
Enes Seta, Twentsche Kabelfabriek, SKS Automaatio Oy
Expert Tomi Puranen, TE-Services
Jaakko Isotalo, Gateway Norway
- Futureoriented Service Design. Sami Pyörre, CEO, ED-Design
- Vessel remote diagnostics and use of the data. Mikael Liljeström, Representative Finland/Technical Department, Spliethof.
- From pilot ladders to ePilotage. Sanna Sonninen, Pilotage Director, Finnpilot
- The Future of Port Equipments and Automation. Juho Mäntylä, Senior manager, Terminal development at Cargotec Finland Oy
- The modern port automate the mooring handling. MoorMaster™, the proven solution that is also ready for autonomous vessels. Anders Colliander, key account manager Technical sales, Ports & Maritime, Cavotec Finland Oy
Jörg Polzer, JPSC Strategy consulting.
French maritime updates: Focus on Cruise ship building industry: more orders, new configurations and new rules.
Consultant specialist in shipbuilding industry, Marie-Zoe Belon-Laitinen, Belon Trade Consulting.